City Provided Utilities
The City of Medina bills residents for city water, sewer, and stormwater.
- Frequently Asked Questions – this FAQ provides a question and answer format on utilities.
- 2017 Utility Rates Fee Schedule
- Consumer Confidence Drinking Water Report – detailed information on the City’s drinking water supply.
- Hydrant Flushing and Water Main Maintenance – explains why hydrant flushing is necessary.
- Stormwater Utility – stormwater fees are used to improve the City’s storm water system and lake and creek water quality.
- Irrigation Meter Program – sewer consumption can be reduced by installing an irrigation meter. If you would like to sign up for the payment plan to install an irrigation meter please complete the installation agreement request form.
- Irrigation Monitoring – the city urges residents to use restraint when using lawn irrigation systems or watering their lawns. While the City is not implementing watering restrictions at this time, it may become necessary if water usage is not reduced. Please be conscientious about watering!
- Utility Direct Payment Plan and Authorization Form – use this form to set up automatic direct payment from your bank account.
- Online Utility Bill Payment Login – the City uses Payment Service Network to allow residents to pay their utilities by credit card. If you need help setting up your account, contact Payment Service Network directly at 877-885-7968.
For information regarding utility billing please contact the Finance Department at 763-473-8849.
Other Utilities and Services
Two different electrical companies serve Medina—Xcel Energy and Wright-Hennepin. Click this Energy Providers Map to find your electrical provider.
CenterPoint Energy provides most of Medina with natural gas. There are parts of the City, however, that do not have any service. Please contact CenterPoint Energy for more information at (612) 372-4720.
Medina has two different telephone companies. The very western portion of the City prefixed with 479 (the Independence Beach area), uses Frontier Communications. CenturyLink (formerly Qwest) services the rest of the City. Cellular service is available throughout the City by many different companies.
Frontier (800) 921-8101 CenturyLink (800) 475-7526
Much of Medina has Cable TV service. In Medina, Cable TV is provided by Mediacom, (800) 332-0245. As an alternative or if you are not in the service area, you can use one of the many satellite providers.
Garbage and Recycling
Medina licenses one garbage hauler to service the City, Randy’s Environmental Services, (763) 972-3335. Although the license controls rates and certain aspects of service, items such as billing, requests and rates for removal of appliances and other large items, complaints, etc. are handled directly with your hauler. Recycling is also provided by Randy’s Environmental Services. See the Recycling page for more details.
High speed internet service is mainly provided by three companies: Mediacom, (800) 332-0245, CenturyLink (formerly Qwest) (800) 475-7526 or Frontier (800) 921-8101 (for the very western portion of the City prefixed with 479 (the Independence Beach area). Certain areas of the city currently do not have access to high speed internet. Residents in these areas typically use data cards from their cellular phone providers or a satellite internet provider.
The Medina City Council adopted a separate franchise agreement with Mediacom for cable TV, internet, and phone service for residents starting January 1, 2014. Medina and Mediacom have agreed to extend the system build out in Medina per the following language from the Franchise Agreement over the next three years.