August 2016 New Blue Bag Organics Customer Incentive – Receive a $20 Credit for Signing Up or Referring (limited to first 340 new customers and referrals). Available to Medina Residents only.
Residential Curbside Single-Sort Recycling
Recycling is picked up every other Wednesday. Set recycle carts out by 7:00 a.m. on the days noted on the calendar. Place recycle carts at the curb 3 feet from your trash cart. Please see the attached Recycling Guide for all items that can be recycled in the curbside single-sort recycle program. To set up your recycling service or call for a missed pickup, contact Randy’s Environmental Services at 763-972-3335.
Benefits of Single-Sort Recycling
Benefits to You
- Save time with single-sort recycling – just separate recyclables from your trash and toss all recyclables into one cart. No paper bags required.
- Save space in your garbage. You can now recycle milk, juice and soup cartons (plastic spout removed) and plastic containers #1 through #7.
- The 65-gallon recyclables cart reduces litter and contamination because of its tightly sealing lid.
Benefits to the Economy
- Recycling collection and recycled products manufacturing in Minnesota provide 53,000 jobs and $6.4 billion gross economic activity annually.
Benefits to the Environment
- Recycling is one of the easiest ways to protect the environment.
- Recycling saves energy and reduces greenhouse emissions.
- Recycling conserves vital natural resources, such as trees and water, and decreases raw materials used.
- More recycling means less trash delivered to trash-to-energy facilities or trucked to out-of-state landfills.
Organics Recycling – Blue Bag Organics
The Blue Bag Organics Recycling service is available to all single family Medina residents at no additional fee. The fee is already included in your single-sort recycle fee and garbage service. To start service, all you need to do is call Randy’s Environmental Services at 763-972-3335 to set up the delivery of your year’s supply of compostable Blue Bags (choose between 13 gallon or 33 gallon) and a 32-gallon Blue Bag Organics can and lid are available if requested.
The Blue Bag Organics food waste recycling system is an amazingly easy way to recycle kitchen scraps, discarded leftovers, spoiled produce, paper towels and paperboard take-out containers. This organics waste will be converted into nutrient-rich compost to fortify lawns, flower beds, and backyard and community gardens.
What makes the program so affordable is that Randy’s Environmental Services picks up your Blue Bag Organics each week using the same truck they use to take away your regular household trash. That means one less truck will be traveling on your street. On trash day, please make sure your Blue Bag Organics liner is hand tied and placed in your regular garbage cart for curbside pickup (not your recycle cart). The blue bags are then separated at Randy’s Environmental Services’ facility.
For more information on the Blue Bag Organics Program, please read through this Organics Brochure or call Randy’s Environmental Services at 763-972-3335.
Print or save this Organics Recycling Guide for easy reference.