If you are interested in applying for a tobacco or liquor license within the City of Medina, please contact Jodi Gallup at 763-473-8850 for more information.
The City issues tobacco licenses annually for a period that runs from January 1st through December 31st of each year. The annual tobacco license fee is $150. License holders are also required to show proof and maintain Workers’ Compensation Insurance throughout the term of their license.
- Tobacco License Application
- Certificate of Compliance for MN Workers’ Compensation Law
- Brochure on Sale of Cigarettes and Tobacco Products in Minnesota
All liquor license applications require a $500 non-refundable investigation fee. The city’s license period is from July 1st through June 30th of each year. Liquor license fees can be found on the city’s fee schedule. Please submit your application, investigation fee and liquor license fee at least 60 days prior to when you desire to start serving liquor.
- Checklist – Instructions to Applicants for On-Sale & Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor Licenses
- On-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License Application Packet
- Off-Sale Intoxicating Liquor License Application Packet
- On-Sale Wine and 3.2 Malt Liquor License Application Packet
Temporary Liquor Licenses
A club or charitable, religious or other non-profit organization in existence for at least three years may be issued a temporary license for the on-sale of intoxicating liquor in connection with a social event within the city sponsored by the licensee. The license may not be for more than four consecutive days. Please submit your application, $25.00 license fee payable to the City of Medina, and certificate of liquor liability insurance to the City of Medina at least 60 days prior to your event.